Agenda – Planning Board
November 14, 2017
A Town of Nelson Planning Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 14th at 7:30 p.m. at the Nelson Town Office, 4085 Nelson Road, in the Hamlet of Nelson.
The following will be on the agenda for that evening:
2. Mary Ann Lansing – 3480 Hall Road – Rural Zone – Tax Map #121.-1-5 – proposing to subdivide
144.582 + acres into (4) 2.247 + acre lots – Major Subdivision – Public Hearing Continued
3. Steven McCarthy – 343 Funk Road – Waterfront Zone – Tax Map #133.9-1-36 – proposing
a 560 sq. ft. pre-built storage building/garage to be placed on a stone base on vacant lot across from
lakefront property – Site Plan
4. Paul & Karen Gage (represented by Matt McClure of MDM Landscaping) – 841 McCarthy Road
Waterfront Zone – Tax Map #121.17-1-18.2 – proposing to repair and/or maintain 78 ft. of an
existing seawall – have DEC permit – Site Plan
5. Charles & Rebecca Burmaster (represented by Matt Vredenburgh) – Fox Hill Road
Waterfront Zone/Scenic Overlay District – Tax Map #134.-2-4.27 – proposing to construct a two
story wood frame house with garage, modifications to existing driveway and the addition of a patio,
deck and walkway – Site Plan/Special Use Permit – Public Hearing
6. Wayne & Cynthia Burmaster – (represented by Matt Vredenburgh) _ Fox Hill Road
Waterfront Zone/Scenic Overlay District – Tax Map #134.-2-4.21 – proposing to construct a
two story wood frame house with attached garage, a barn, driveway, walkway patio and porch
Site Plan/Special Use Permit – Public Hearing
7. David & Debra Hopkinson – (represented by William Ferraldo, Harmony Architectural Associates)
844 McCarthy Road – Waterfront Zone – Tax Map #121.17-1-30 – proposing to replace the existing
camp, car porch and deck with a new 3 bedroom, 1,463 sq. ft. home an attached garage (552 sq. ft.)
a lakefront deck (958 sq. ft.) – Site Plan
8. Douglas & Marilyn Beard – 3597 Jones Road – Rural Zone – subdivide 25+ acres to create one
12.199 acre lot with house and garage and an 11.534 acre lot – Subdivision
9. Limestone Hunt Club – proposing a 10’x36x Amish structure containing 3 horse stalls –
Amendment to Special Use Permit
10. David Jones – 4335 Old State Road – Rural Zone – Tax Map #110.-2-40.12 – Subdivision – Informal
If you are unable to attend this meeting, please contact John Dunkle 24 hours prior to the
315-449-4940 – work, 315-374-1416 – cell, 315-655-2554 – home
Program will help lower residential electricity rates and protect consumers from predatory marketers
Residents of the Town of Nelson are encouraged to learn about Community Choice Aggregation (CCA), the new residential bulk electricity purchasing program at a public education session to be held at Town Hall on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 10:30 to noon. Residents are encouraged to bring their questions and electricity bills.
The Town Board passed a resolution to explore Community Choice Aggregation. CCA is a new opportunity in the state that allows cities, towns, and villages to pool the electricity accounts of residents and small businesses within their municipal boundaries. The bulk purchasing of electricity increases a consumer’s individual buying power, which will result in lower electricity rates for residents.
CCA Programs also help protect residents from bad energy deals. Additionally, communities have the power to customize their programs based on their values and priorities, such as sourcing renewable, ‘green’ energy. Consumers who do not wish to participate in the program may opt-out, remaining with their current utility.
The Municipal Electric and Gas Alliance (MEGA) has been selected by the Town of Nelson to fulfill the role of CCA Administrator, overseeing the creation, development, and implementation of the program. No taxpayer or government funds will be used in the creation or operation of the program.
Join representatives from MEGA and the Town Board at the public education session on October 28, 2017 or visit megacca.org to learn more.